In anticipation of Drink Up Week, which will run from July 25-31, we’ve rounded up each of our participants and what they’ll be offering. ICYMI: We’re celebrating the best drinks around town + partnering with local companies to give you special deals.
Check out these spots with drinks you’ve got to try this week.
A Cup of Common Wealth, 105 Eastern Ave.
- Start your day off with an ice cold “Brewshine,” cold brew steeped with bourbon barrel char. If you prefer making your coffee at home, stop by Sat., June 30 to purchase a specialty bag of Magic Beans. On that day, 10% of sales will benefit Lexington Parks & Recreation which will help plant trees in neighboring Northeastern Park.
The Grove, 200 W. Main St.
- Lexington’s downtown oasis is the perfect place to cool off during Drink Up Week with a refreshing bourbon beverage. Sip on its Drink Up Week special, “The Grove’s Rush” featuring Maker’s Mark, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, house-made honey syrup + orange. It’ll be available Wednesday-Friday from 3 p.m.-1 a.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m.-1 a.m.
Pivot Brewing, 1400 Delaware Ave.
- Pivot Brewing is re-releasing a sweet summertime favorite, Operation: Tropic Storm, a tropical pineapple, papaya + mango cider.
Manchester Coffee, 903 Manchester St. + 576 E. Third St.
- Manchester Coffee’s Third Street location is switching things up offering a summer mocktail. Introducing, “The Godfather,” with Ghia non-alcoholic aperitif, lime, orgeat (a sweet, creamy almond flavor syrup), and soda. The flagship location on Manchester Street is treating us to an Affogato — a cubano double shot of espresso over a double scoop of vanilla ice cream, with an optional chocolate, caramel, vanilla, coconut, or hot honey syrup.
Kenwick Table, 201 Owsley Ave.
- The coffee + cocktail spot in the heart of Kenwick is offering a $4 G&T for Drink Up Week. The “Menifee Mangonada” is a mango gin and tonic garnished with tajin, lime, and basil. Alcohol service is available Monday-Thursday 5-7:30 p.m., Friday-Saturday 12-10 p.m., and Sunday from 12-5:30 p.m.
Lussi Brown Coffee Bar, 114 Church St.
- Starting Wednesday, Lussi Brown is serving up the Leo Season. The spicy mocha is made with caramel, chocolate, cinnamon, a hint of cayenne, espresso, and your choice of milk. It’s available iced or hot and can also be made dairy-free and sugar-free. Make it boozy, after 12 p.m., with a shot of coconut rum.
Old North Bar, 101 W. Loudon Ave.
- Make-Your-Rita Margarita, need we say more? Whether you want sweet and fruity or spicy and tangy, customize your cocktail with your choice of tequila + flavors such as strawberry, jalapeno, peach, and watermelon. All week, the crew at Old North is offering $1 off margaritas but round out the work week with special happy hour pricing, we’re talking $3 off, on Thursday and Friday.
girlsgirlsgirls burritos, 395 S. Limestone
- Celebrate Leo season + Drink Up Week with the girlsgirlsgirls special, “The Neon Lion.” The bright blue concoction features gin, blue curacao, in-house pineapple mix, mint simple syrup, and club soda.
Leestown Coffee House, 1416 Leestown Rd.
- Cold Brew Popsicles | Wed., July 27 | 6 a.m. | Leestown Coffee House | $2.75 + $3.50 | Leestown Coffee House is launching a brand new product — Coldbrew Popsicles, featuring four different flavors — plain, pistachio cream, raspberry white chocolate + french toast.
Belle’s Cocktail House, 156 Market St.
- “LEXtoday Cocktail” — 2 oz Eagle Rare, .75 oz China China, .5 oz dry curacao, .5 oz lemon juice
- Enjoy this specialty craft cocktail Thursday-Saturday at Belle’s.