Spooky season is upon us and with it are plenty of opportunities for kids — and your inner kid — to get your frights + delights this Halloween. We’re giving you a quick highlight of events that will bring fun for the whole crew.
For the Grown-ups
- Halloween Dinner Party | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7-10 p.m. | The Grove | $130+ | Enjoy themed-cocktails, charcuterie boards + bites from Fable and Luna Food Truck, costumes encouraged.
- Monster Bash Gala | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7 p.m. | Limestone Hall | $125 | Prizes await for best costume while you enjoy food, music + dancing in support of the Blue Grass Farms Charities.
- Booktacular | Sat., Oct. 30 | 7 p.m. | Virtual | $25 | An at-home, James Bond-themed black-tie affair to support the Library Foundation. Host your own soiree to stream martini demonstrations + music from the Keigh McCutcheon Jazz Ensemble Experience.
For the Fam
- Halloween Variety Show, Parade + Thriller | Sun., Oct. 24 | 5 p.m. | Downtown | Free | Lexington’s biggest spooky celebration featuring live dance performances, a Halloween parade + the fan-favorite Thriller Parade
- Hound-o-ween | Sun., Oct. 24 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Beaumont Centre | Free | Trunk-or-treating with goodies for the whole family — including the fur babies.
- BOO! Cruise | Sat., Oct. 30 | Times vary | Shaker Village | Prices vary | Spooky stories, games, food + a costume contest all while floating on the Kentucky River. 🛥️
For the Kids
- Trunk or Treat | Sat., Oct. 23 | 2-4 p.m. | Whitaker Family YMCA | Free | Inflatables, pumpkin decorating + costume contests 🍬
- Halloween Printmaking | Sat., Oct. 23 | 2-5 p.m. | Artworks at Carver School | Free | Kids 8+ can choose from several pre-cut Halloween designs, or sign up for a longer session to create their own.
- Castlewood Halloween | Wed., Oct. 27 | 4-7 p.m. | Castlewood Park | Free | A neighborhood trick-or-treating event sponsored by West Sixth Brewery + Kentucky For Kentucky