November is upon us, Lexington. The month of family gatherings, out-of-town guests + giving thanks. One thing we’re thankful for is how many cool events are happening around town this month.
We’re highlighting a few of our favorite events below + sharing our November Plan Ahead so you can get a head start on planning for your visitors — or finding an opportunity for some solo gift shopping.
Monday, Nov. 1
- Sarah Shoot and The Disarmers | Mon., Nov. 1 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $15 | Food, drinks, pinball + live music.
- Painting with a Twist | Mon., Nov. 1 | 6:30 p.m. | Painting with a Twist | $38+ | Grab a friend + brush up on your paint skills by painting a Fall Tree Burst on canvas. 🎨
- Dia de los Muertos Festival | Mon., Nov. 1 | 6:30 p.m. | Georgetown Pavillion, 140 Pavillion Dr. | Free | The first Dia de los Muertos Festival to be held in Georgetown featuring music + food trucks
Tuesday, Nov. 2
- The Districts | Tues., Nov. 2 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $15 | Indie rock jams with The Districts featuring Girlpuppy.
- Open Mic Night | Tues., Nov. 2 | 7:15 p.m. | Comedy Off Broadway | $5 | This open mic night features some of the best upcoming comedic talents in Lexington. 🎤
Wednesday, Nov. 3
- Mike Archer | Wed., Nov. 3 | 6:30 p.m. | Versailles Brewing Company | Brews, trivia, and tunes from multi-talented Mike Archer who covers all genres.
- Cocktails & Conversation | Wed., Nov. 3 | 7 p.m. | Joseph-Beth Booksellers | $45 | Join author Margaret Verble to discuss her book, “When Two Feathers Fell From the Sky” with signature cocktails + hors d’oeuvres — ticket also includes an autographed, hardcover copy of the book. 📚
Thursday, Nov. 4
- Darrin Bradbury | Thurs., Nov. 4 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $10 | Darrin Bradbury with Eric Bolander. 18+.
- Stand Up Open Mic | Thurs., Nov. 4 | Time TBD | Old North Bar | Price TBD | Come out to Greyline to enjoy the first-ever stand-up comedy open mic night — food, drinks, laughs aplenty.
- Books & Brews Trivia | Thurs., Nov. 4 | 7-9 p.m. | Goodwood | Free | Grab your fellow bookworms for this lively literary competition.
- Winchester’s Holiday Open House | Thurs., Nov. 4-Sun., Nov. 7 | Downtown, Winchester | Free | Head to Main Street Winchester to explore the shops + restaurants offering extended hours.
- Disney’s Moana | Thurs., Nov. 4-Sat., Nov. 6 | Times vary | Lexington Opera House | $16+ | Fun for the whole family, Disney’s Moana performed by the students of SCAPA Bluegrass
Friday, Nov. 5
- UK MSOC vs. Florida Atlantic | Fri. Nov. 5 | 7 p.m. | Free | Wendell & Vickie Bell Soccer Complex | The Cats take on the Owls for their last home game of regular season play. ⚽
- UK MBB versus Miles College | Fri. Nov. 5 | 7 p.m. | Prices vary | Rupp Arena | The Cats take on the Golden Bears at home. 🏀
- Cole Chaney | Fri., Nov. 5 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $12 | Cole Chaney + Logan Halstead, 18+.
- Lex Glow Ride | Fri., Nov. 5 | 6 p.m. | Coolavin Park | Free | Decorate your bike in glow lights and ride a 1.7-mile family-friendly route with trivia + games at West Sixth after.
- Intro to Henna Design | Fri., Nov. 5 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Living Arts & Science Center | $40 | Part of LASC’s Crafts on Tap series — guests 21+ are invited to sip some adult beverages + learn traditional henna techniques.
- Thankfulness Block Party | Fri., Nov. 5 | 5-9 p.m. | Greyline Station | Free | Shop from 15 local vendors + bring donations for Arlington Elementary + The Hope Center
Saturday, Nov. 6
- UK vs Tennessee | Sat., Nov. 6 | TBA | Kroger Field | $75+ | The Cats take on the Volunteers at home in another SEC showdown. 🏈
- The FIG Adventure Race | Sat., Nov. 6 | 5 a.m. | Cave Run Lake | $100+ | Hike, bike + paddle your way around Cave Run Lake in this epic adventure race. 🥾
- Grayson Jenkins | Sat., Nov. 6 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $12 | Live music and pinball at The Burl. 18+.
- Bluegrass Creative Market | Sat., Nov. 6 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Oleika Shriners Temple | Free | Food and drink trucks will be on-site at this holiday shopping event featuring local vendors + artists.
- Paint + Sip | Sat., Nov. 6 | 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. | Pinot’s Palette | $35 | Get your friends to sip and paint the wintry “Snowy Stargazing” theme.
- Black and White Gala | Sat., Nov. 6 | 6-10 p.m. | Keene Trace Golf Club | $131 | A star-studded event by Mission 108 whose mission is to stop human trafficking in India.
- Kentucky Book Festival | Sat., Nov. 6 | All day | Joseph-Beth Booksellers | Free | Last day of the 40th annual Kentucky Book Festival Book featuring book readings + meet-and-greets with a variety of best-selling authors. 📚
Sunday, Nov. 7
- Tunes in the Vines | Sun., Nov. 7 | 2-4:30 p.m. | Equus Run Vineyards | Free | A bottle of wine, good friends, and great local music are the perfect blend for Sunday afternoons. 🍇
- Bluegrass Creative Market | Sun., Nov. 7 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Oleika Shriners Temple | Free | Food and drink trucks will be on-site at this holiday shopping event featuring local vendors + artists.
- Candlelight Meditation | Sun., Nov. 7 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | The Apiary | $85 | Join yoga teacher Lissa Sims for a candlelit meditation followed by a sound bath with singing bowls played by Amy Hudson 🕯️
- Sunday Trivia | Sun., Nov. 7 | 6 p.m. | Blue Stallion Brewing Co. | Free | Trivia + pints at Blue Stallion
Monday, Nov. 8
- Mission 108 Celebrity Golf Scramble | Mon., Nov. 8 | 10:30 a.m. | Champions Golf Course | $250 | Play on one of the city’s most beautiful courses in support of Mission 108 + their anti-human trafficking efforts. ⛳
- One Team Scavenger Hunt | Mon., Nov. 8 | 10 a.m-10 p.m. | Downtown | $20 | A cross between a scavenger hunt, adventure race + informative self-guided tour.
Tuesday, Nov. 9
- UK MBB vs. Duke | Tues., Nov. 9 | TBA | Madison Square Garden | ESPN | This is a rivalry game that never disappoints so you better find your favorite viewing spot ASAP. 🏀
- Christone “Kingfish” Ingram | Tues., Nov. 9 | 8 p.m. | Manchester Music Hall | $25 | A Grammy-nominated artist who is being described as “the blues voice of his generation”.
- UK Jazz Ensemble + UK Lab Band | Tues., Nov. 9 | 7:30 p.m. | Singletary Recital Hall | Free | An opportunity to see the UK Jazz Ensemble perform for free
Wednesday, Nov. 10
- UK vs. Georgia | Wed., Nov. 10 | 6 p.m. | Memorial Coliseum | The Kentucky volleyball team will host the Georgia Bulldogs.
- Arts & Culture Internship Fair | Wed., Nov. 10 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Singletary Center, 405 Rose St. | Registration required | An opportunity to meet with leaders and representatives from arts and cultural organizations.
- Willie Watson | Wed., Nov. 10 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $18 | Modern folk music from songwriter + storyteller Willie Watson
Thursday, Nov. 11
- Chase Wright | Thurs., Nov. 11 | TBD | Tin Roof | Free | Rising country music star visits town as part of the Nashville Hits the Roof Series.
- Bit Brigade | Thurs., Nov. 11 | 8 p.m. | The Burl | $13 | Bit Brigade performs The Legend of Zelda. ⚔️
- Limitless Book Tour | Thurs., Nov. 11 | 6-8 p.m. | Evereve, Lexington Green | $20 | Book reading + signing with author and 5-Time Paralympic medalist, Mallory Weggemann
- Romeo & Juliet | Thurs., Nov. 11-Sun., Nov. 21 | Times vary | The Foundry on Broadway, Frankfort | $25 | See the William Shakespeare classic live and on stage in Frankfort
- Candlelight Weekend | Thurs., Nov. 11-Sun., Nov. 14 | 5 p.m. | Downtown Frankfort | Free | Get an early start on your holiday gifts by shopping local in downtown Frankfort.
- Nature Journal Club | Thurs., Nov. 11 | 6 p.m. | McConnell Springs Park | Free | A bimonthly meetup to explore different techniques in nature journaling.
- UK vs. North Alabama | Thurs., Nov. 11 | 7 p.m. | Memorial Coliseum | The UK women’s basketball team takes on the University of Northern Alabama.
Friday, Nov. 12
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory | Fri., Nov. 12-Sun., Nov. 14 | Times vary | Lexington Opera House | Prices vary | Re-live a childhood classic live on stage. 🍫
- Real Estate | Fri., Nov. 12 | The Burl | 8 p.m. | $20 | Real Estate with Kate Bollinger at The Burl.
- UK MBB vs Robert Morris | Fri., Nov. 12 | 7 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | The Cats take on the Colonials at home. 🏀
- Startup Weekend | Fri., Nov. 12-Sun., Nov. 14 | Times vary | Awesome Inc. | $57 | A weekend full of networking opportunities for those interested in learning more about startups.
- Pasta 101 | Fri., Nov. 12 | 7-10 p.m. | Pasta Garage | $80 | Treat yourself to appetizers, wine, dinner + dessert while learning how to make fresh pasta from scratch. 🍝
Saturday, Nov. 13
- Dirty Dog 4-Mile Trail Run | Sat., Nov. 13 | 9 a.m. | Veterans Park | $30 | A 4-mile trail race along the Hickman River with benefits going to keep the Hickman watershed clean.
- UK vs. Texas A&M | Sat., Nov. 13 | 4 p.m. | Memorial Coliseum | $8 | The Kentucky Volleyball team will host Texas A&M.
- Mathematica | Sat., Nov. 13 | 7:30 p.m. | Cathedral of Christ the King, 299 Colony Blvd | Suggested donation, $20 | A musical journey exploring the mathematical side of orchestral music.
- Athens Schoolhouse Antique Show | Sat., Nov. 13-Sun., Nov. 14 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Athens Schoolhouse Antiques | $2 | Holiday antique show featuring flatware, glasses, artwork + furniture
Sunday, Nov. 14
- UK vs. Texas A&M | Sun., Nov. 14 | 2 p.m. | Memorial Coliseum | $8 | The Kentucky volleyball team will host conference rival Texas A&M.
- Turkey Pumpkins Cake Decorating | Sun., Nov. 14 | 2-4 p.m. | Pivot Brewing | $45 | Sip on craft beer + cider while baking holiday-themed treats.
- UK vs. Indiana | Sun., Nov. 14 | 5 p.m. | ESPN | The UK women’s basketball team takes on the IU.
Monday, Nov. 15
- Christmas Tree Skirt Making | Mon., Nov. 15 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | Sew-A-Lot Lexington | $45 | Learn how to make a holiday-themed tree skirt with the Six Halves Make a Whole pattern
- How To Improve Your Memory | Mon., Nov. 15 | 2-3 p.m. | Virtual | Free, registration required | Learn tips for improving your memory, exercises to help you focus + retention strategies
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- UK vs. Mount St. Mary’s | Tue., Nov. 16 | 7 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | Kentucky men’s basketball takes on The Mount at home. 🏀
- LETTUCE | Tue., Nov. 16 | 8 p.m. | Manchester Music Hall | $23 | The improvisational band blends soul, hip-hop + funk.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Wood Burning Ornaments | Wed., Nov. 17 | 6 p.m. | Cut & Paste Craft Studio | $25 | This class is designed as an intro to wood-burning + will help you create your own holiday ornaments.
- Open Mic at Brewed | Wed., Nov. 17 | 7 p.m. | Brewed | Free | All acts are welcome at this open mic night featuring coffee, bottled beer + small bites.
- SoulBody Sound Healing | Wed., Nov. 17 | 6-7 p.m. | Lexington Salt Cave | $50 | Bring in the full moon with the benefits of salt + sound therapy with reiki master Eleanor Mila.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- Lauren Daigle | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 7:30 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | Two-time GRAMMY Award winner Lauren Daigle is playing at Rupp Arena for her first headlining arena tour. 🎼
- Women in Leadership Awards Luncheon | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 12-2 p.m. | The Campbell House | $50 | A luncheon honoring business professionals who won the Martha Layne Collins Leadership Award + Isabel Yates Community Service Award.
- Santa’s Arrival + Wake Up Santa | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 4-5 p.m. | Fayette Mall | Free | Come help Mrs. Claus wake up Santa in his workshop in the Dillard’s court space.
- Wise Bird Cider Friendsgiving | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 4-10 p.m. | Wise Bird Cider | Enjoy discounts on cider, food, and merchandise
Friday, Nov 19
- Billy Prine and the Prine Time Band | Fri., Nov 19 | 7 p.m. | Lexington Opera House | Price or Free |
- UK vs. Ohio University | Fri., Nov. 19 | 7 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | Men’s basketball takes on the Bobcats at home. 🏀
- Pasta 101 | Fri., Nov. 19 | 7-10 p.m. | Pasta Garage | $80 | Treat yourself to appetizers, wine, dinner + dessert while learning how to make fresh pasta from scratch.
- Holly Day Market | Fri., Nov. 19 – Sun., Nov. 21 | Times vary | Central Bank Center | $10 | Your one-stop shop for all things local this holiday gifting season. 🛍️
- Holiday Garland Decorating | Fri., Nov. 19 | 2:30-3:30 p.m. | Central Bank Center | $40 | Learn from Carly Reed of In Bloom Flower Farm to create your own live holiday garland.
- LexArts Hop | Fri., Nov. 19 | 5 p.m. | Downtown | Free | Stroll, sip + shop while you explore 40+ galleries and studios in downtown Lexington.
- Omage to the Bazaar | Fri., Nov. 19 | 7 p.m. | The Apiary | $200 | A unique dinner + dancing experience with live cooking stations featuring Middle Eastern fare.
- Bow-Making Class | Fri., Nov. 19 | 1-2 p.m. | Central Bank Center | $40 | Join Peggy Queen of Peggy’s Gifts to learn the art of gift bow-tying.
Saturday, Nov. 20
- Southern Lights 5k Run | Sat., Nov. 20 | 6 p.m. | The Kentucky Horse Park | Prices vary | Run or stroll through the holiday lights at The Kentucky Horse Park.
- Mount Westmore | Sat., Nov. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Too Short + E-40 are coming to Rupp Arena. 🎤
- Bracelet Making Class | Sat., Nov. 20 | 3-4 p.m. | Central Bank Center | $40 | Make up to six bracelets in this fun class with M&H Beads owner Sarah Dougherty.
- Sundy Best | Sat., Nov. 20 | 8 p.m. | Manchester Music Hall | $25 | Kentucky’s own power duo whose music features hints of folk, bluegrass + R&B.
- Poster + Popcorn Sale | Sat., Nov. 20 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Kentucky Theatre | Free | Support the historic Kentucky Theatre by shopping their collection of vintage movie posters + branded gear.
- Rood & Riddle Turkey Trot | Sat., Nov. 20 | 9 a.m. | Rood & Riddle, 2150 Georgetown Rd. | $15 | 5K run or walk with all proceeds benefiting the Salvation Army Angel Tree Project
Sunday, Nov. 21
- UK vs. Winthrop | Sun., Nov. 21 | 2 p.m. | Memorial Coliseum | $8+ | UK women’s basketball take on Winthrop at home.
- Donnie Baker & The Pork Pistols | Sun., Nov. 21 | 7:15 p.m.| Comedy Off Broadway | $25 | A night of laughs with Donnie Baker at Lexington’s premiere comedy club.
Monday, Nov. 22
- UK MBB vs. University at Albany | Mon., Nov. 22 | TBA | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | The Cats take on the Great Danes at home. 🏀
- Pet Photos with Santa | Mon., Nov. 22 | 4-5 p.m. | Fayette Mall | Prices vary | Bring your furry friends for a photo op with Santa.
Tuesday, Nov. 23
- Christmas Tea at Waveland State Historic Site | Tues., Nov 23 | 2-4 p.m. | Waveland State Historic Site | Reservation required | Twinkle lights, flickering candles + Christmas tea in a historic setting.
- Paint Your Pet | Tues., Nov 23 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Painting with a Twist | $40 | Bring a photo of your fuzzy buddy and learn to paint them into a masterpiece.
Wednesday, Nov. 24
Thursday, Nov. 25
- Thoroughbred Classic 5k | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 9 a.m. | Keeneland | $25+ | A family-friendly Thanksgiving Day 5k at Lexington’s historic Keeneland Race Course.
Friday, Nov. 26
- UK MBB vs. University of North Florida | Fri., Nov. 26 | 7 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | The Cats take on the Ospreys at home. 🏀
- Southern Lights | Fri., Nov. 26-Fri., Dec. 31 | 5:30-10 p.m. | Kentucky Horse Park | $25 | A Lexington tradition — drive through the Kentucky Horse Park + experience the holiday lights.
Saturday. Nov. 27
- UK vs. La Salle University | Sat., Nov. 27 | 8:30 p.m. | Memorial Coliseum | $5+ | UK women’s basketball takes on La Salle University at home.
- Christmas at the Market | Sat., Nov. 27 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Beech Springs Farm Market, Winchester | Come shop 40+ vendors with live music, food trucks + wine.
Monday, Nov. 29
- UK MBB vs. Central Michigan University | Mon., Nov. 29 | 7 p.m. | Rupp Arena | Prices vary | The Cats take on the Action Cs at home. 🏀
- Christmas Tree Skirt Making | Mon., Nov. 29 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | Sew-A-Lot Lexington | $45 | Learn how to make a holiday-themed tree skirt with the Six Halves Make a Whole pattern
Tuesday, Nov. 30