Table of Contents
In case you missed it, the Hamburg neighborhood is growing. A new traffic light was even recently installed to prepare for the uptick in bustling activity, located at the intersection of Winchester Road + Polo Club Boulevard.
Here are four forthcoming developments you need to know about in the Hamburg neighborhood.
Baptist Health Hamburg
- Need to know: This new medical campus is ‘one of the most ambitious health care projects’ to take shape in Central + Eastern Kentucky in the last 25 years.
- Development Details: The project cost ~$253 million + will be home to a brand new 330,800-sqft medical facility (about the size of six UK football fields). It will aim to feel ‘less like a hospital’ and deliver more customized patient care.
- Outpatient facility
- Outpatient Multidisciplinary Cancer Center
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Click here to see the full list of services.
- Timeline: This project is estimated to be completed in 2024.
- Need to know: The AMC movie theater formerly located at 3151 Mapleleaf Dr., near Man O’ War Boulevard and Todds Road, recently sold for $3.7 million to HILLS Properties.
- Development details: The firm plans to build three five-story buildings containing ~229 units.
- Timeline: The theater is excepted to be demolished later this fall + the first tenants will be able to move in during the spring of 2024.
Fayette County Middle School
- Need to know: Board members voted to move forward with a new middle school that will be built on Polo Club Boulevard, a project that was previously delayed.
- Details: Rising Sun Developing is the company responsible for overseeing the construction of the 172,000-sqft middle school — costing about $82.7 million.
- Timeline: FCPS aims to have students in the school by 2025.
- Need to know: UK HealthCare has also purchased 27 acres of land close to the future Baptist Health Hamburg Campus.
- Cost: $20.3 million
- Timeline: This project is still in the early planning phases, but in order to accommodate Hamburg residents, UK Healthcare will open a primary + urgent care clinic at 245 Fountain Ct., Ste. 102 on Mon., Oct. 17.