Table of Contents
The second annual Lexington Glow Ride will be taking place this Sat., Nov. 5 at 6 p.m.
The event is hosted by the city’s Environmental Quality and Public Works department — so we gave them a ring to get the scoop:
- Quote: “The event is designed to bring awareness around the time change + show citizens that biking can be a safe mode of transportation,” said Brendan Campbell, the event’s coordinator.
- What we like: The city is providing participants with free lights to decorate their bikes with — headlights, tail lights, and spoke lights.
How to participate
- Date: Sat., Nov. 5
- Place: Shilito Park, 300 W. Reynolds Rd
- Time: Participants will meet at 6 p.m. to decorate their bikes and sip on free hot chocolate.
- Details: After decorating, participants will take a leisurely 2.4-mile ride on a paved path through the park.
- Fun fact: The Bluegrass Astronomy Club will be on-site to help cyclists view the night sky after the ride.