With the temperatures dropping, so might your motivation to get outside and get your heart pumping. To help you step out for some fresh air (and meet some fresh faces) we’re sharing seven social running clubs that make the Bluegrass a great place to lace up.
- A Running Start | Tuesdays, Thursdays + Fridays | By running with this group, you are supporting those in recovery + people that come from challenging backgrounds by providing accountability and space to thrive. Check its Facebook page for times and locations.
- Bluegrass Runners | Tuesdays, Saturdays + Sundays | This club, better known as BGR, is celebrating 50 years this year. Its Facebook Group is also a great place to find running buddies or race pacers.
- Fleet Feet | Wednesdays | Runners can meet at the store at The Summit at Fritz Farm for a 5K-ish fun run, but also check the Facebook Group for other meetups added throughout the week.
- John’s Run Walk Shop | Tuesdays + Thursdays | All paces are welcome to meet at the Chevy Chase store for a group jaunt around the neighborhood.
- Pace in the Parks | Saturdays | UK’s Kinesiology and Health Promotion Department + Lexington Parks and Recreation have teamed up for this all-levels group that meets in a different park each week.
- Todds Road Stumblers | Saturdays | This longstanding group, which started in 1975, has a dedicated clubhouse they meet at for their runs. Reader Stephen P. said it best, “After years of running for my fitness, but hating the running itself, Todds Road is where I learned to love it.”
- West Sixth Run Club | Tuesdays | This social running group builds community by tackling 1.5-3 miles beginning + ending at the brewery.