One of Lexington’s premiere summer festivals, the 46th annual Woodland Art Fair, is returning this weekend at Woodland Park — Sat., Aug. 20 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. +Sun., Aug. 21 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
The two sponsors of this event are Lexington’s Division of Parks and Recreation + the Lexington Art League. We spoke with each of these organizations to help build out the ultimate guide to this year’s Woodland Art Fair.
The city will not be utilizing a shuttle service this year. Use these tips for easier parking:
- Attendees should look to look for street parking near the park.
- Kentucky Avenue, which runs adjacent to the park, will be closed to traffic.
- The Woodland Triangle intersection, where High Street + Maxwell Street split, will also be closed.
Vendors from across the state — 24 to be exact — will be serving some of the best bites that Kentucky has to offer. Here are a few we’re looking forward to trying:
- Hot Buns | Steamed bao buns served with chicken, pork, steak, or mushrooms
- The Mousetrap | Voted “best deli” + is famous for its pimiento cheese
- The Flying Waffle | Craft Belgian-st
While the food vendor setup forms a semi-circle, look for West Sixth, Country Boy, Lexington Brewing & Distilling + Equus Run Vineyards to be set up inside the semi-circle, forming a Biergarten-style setup.
Pro tip: Food + drink purchases can be made with either cash or card at each individual vendor.
Over the course of the two-day festival, 12 different artists will be performing. Get to a few of the headlining acts below:
This year’s festival will feature 190 artists. Here are four artists to be on the lookout for as you explore the festival: