It’s officially August + it’s hot outside. It’s not the heat that gets ya, it’s the humidity, right? But just because we’re entering the dog days of summer doesn’t mean you have to live in the dog house.
There are a ton of fun events happening across the city this month + we wanted to share a few of our favorites with you — broken down by category for your convenience.
Goat Yoga on The Farm | Sat., Aug. 6 + Sat., Aug. 13 | 9-10 a.m. | The Kentucky Castle, 230 Pisgah Pike | $25 | Yes, you read that right. This beginner yoga class is taught inside the paddock and lets you get up close and personal with The Kentucky Castle’s newest farm babies.
Pro tip: Classes are capped at 25 + tickets usually sell out quickly‚ don’t delay.
- UK vs. Lipscomb | Sat., Aug. 6 | 1 p.m. | Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex, 556 Wildcat Ct. | Free | Both the men’s and women’s soccer teams are kicking off their season this month. The UK women’s soccer team will take on Lipscomb at home in their home-opener exhibition match.
- UK vs. Northern Kentucky | Fri., Aug. 19 | 7:30 p.m. | Wendell and Vickie Bell Soccer Complex, 556 Wildcat Ct. | Free | The UK men’s soccer team will take on Northern Kentucky at home in their home-opener exhibition match.
Pro tip: UK soccer games are free to attend for the entirety of the 2022-2023 regular season.
- The Fab Four | Fri., Aug. 19 | 8 p.m. | Lexington Opera House | $29+ | Twist + shout while watching the Ultimate Tribute show to the Beatles. If it’s still too warm for you to get outside, chill out inside with cool tunes.
- Woodland Art Fair | Sat., Aug. 20 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Woodland Park, 601 E. High St. | Free | Experience 160+ artists and craftspeople for jewelry, painting, photography, live entertainment + more.
Pro tip: Stay tuned. We’re working on a guide for this festival that will help you have the best experience possible.
- Keeneland Fall Meet Tickets | Tues., August 16 | 9 a.m. | Virtual | Prices vary | Mark your calendars because public tickets to the Keeneland Fall Meet go on sale this month. Purchase early, you don’t want to get left out in the paddock.
- 127 Yard Sale | Thurs., Aug. 4-Sun., Aug. 7 | Times vary | Highway 127 | Price of purchase | “The World’s Longest Yardsale” is returning to the Bluegrass. This yard sale has been going strong for 35 years + spans 690 miles through six states. In Kentucky, it runs through Frankfort, Harrodsburg, and Danville.