The Lexington Counter Clocks released renderings for their planned stadium upgrades last week with one major theme in mind: the fans.
“Our aim is to enhance the baseball experience for our fans by providing a state-of-the-art environment in which the whole family can enjoy an afternoon or an evening at the ballpark,” said new team owner Nathan Lyons.
Currently, there are 26 private suites at the stadium — nine of which will be eliminated to create an expanded club level with indoor + outdoor seating.
Some of the planned improvements, designed by local firm EOP Architects, include:
- Upgraded viewing decks, hospitality areas, + suites
- Expanded Kid Zone with a new playground with a 20-foot tall, two-lane slide
- New netting around the field for increased safety
- Revamped clubhouses with new lockers for the players
- New padded walls along the foul line + in the outfield