There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using Floom, an online marketplace that partners with florists that deliver locally.
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Wilson Nurseries, 2700 Palumbo Dr., Lexington
- King’s Gardens Garden Center, 4560 Nicholasville Rd., Lexington
- Springhouse Gardens, 185 W. Catnip Hill Rd., Nicholasville
- Pemberton’s Greenhouses, 555 Keller Ct., Lexington
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Bear & the Butcher | Daily, 4-6 p.m. | A happy hour for everyone — $1 off all beer, $2 off bar snacks, $3 well drinks + $4 house wine
- The Station | Daily | Head to this neighborhood favorite for the daily $3 shot.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.