Table of Contents
A special workgroup called the Goal 4 Workgroup has been diligently working to create a new process for expanding the Urban Service Boundary (USB) if/when the time comes to expand.
- Next steps: County Council and the Planning Commission will revise + adopt a version of this recommendation.
- Finalization: This will then become the official guide for potentially expanding the Urban Service Boundary.
- Need to know: Adopting this recommendation does not mean that the Urban Service Boundary is currently expanding.
The new process
- Assessment: Every five years, Council and the Planning Commission will use data from the Sustainable Growth Report to determine new development needs.
- Expansion: If development needs can not be met within the USB, Council can submit Request for Proposals from property owners.
- Need to know: Proposals must be within the expansion areas on the map — A, B, C, D, E + F. This ensures that only approved parcels of land are used in the expansion.
We’ll keep you updated on this process.