Looking to take a trip, but bored of your typical weekend options? Enter: Greenville, SC — a short ~5 hour drive from Lexington, and one of the 50 Best Places to Travel in 2022 by Travel + Leisure. From outdoor activities, to dining, shopping, art + more, there’s something for everyone in this mid-sized South Carolina city. (More on that next, but if you’re already convinced, you can request a free guide to learn more.)
Also named one of The South’s Best Cities on the Rise 2022 by Southern Living, Greenville’s award-winning downtown definitely shows it. The city hosts 300+ events each year, including signature events like euphoria and Artisphere that are unique to Greenville.
Greenville sits in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, which makes for a scenic road trip and an ideal destination for those who crave fresh air, with outdoor adventure like zip lining and hiking, or more casually enjoy the outdoors with rooftop dining and Main Street shopping. Outdoorsy attractions include:
- The Swamp Rabbit Trail: This 22-mile picturesque walking and bicycling trail runs along the Reedy River, connecting you easily to parks, restaurants and other local businesses. No bike? No worries — you can rent one!
- Free Mini Golf at McPherson Park: No strings attached, play a round of mini-golf free of charge.
- Live Music on Main Street - Through September, check out Greenville Heritage FCU Main Street Fridays for drinks, live music and dancing.
- Scenic Waterfalls: Whether a leisurely stroll to Reedy River Falls in the heart of downtown or a more strenuous hike to Rainbow Falls at Jones Gap State Park, Greenville has options for everyone.
- Greenville Drive Baseball - Root for Greenville’s hometown minor league baseball team in a downtown stadium that’s a mini replica of Fenway Park.
With so much to do, visitors of any age can customize their perfect getaway. Don’t know where to start? Request a free Visitor’s Guide, full of tips and can’t-miss attractions for travelers, or take a look at the digital guide.*
What part of Greenville, SC makes you most excited to visit? Let us know.