ICYMI: July is Drink Up Month, a celebration of the people + places that make Lexington’s beverage scene special.
Throughout the month we’ll tackle hard-hitting topics, like where to get the best espresso martinis and who makes the most delicious matcha latte. Got a sip-worthy suggestion you’d like us to spill the tea on? Let us know.
Today, we’re kicking things off with a round-up of delicious drinks made especially for Drink Up Month from some awesome local partners.
The Espresso Tonic
- Switch up your second cup of coffee with this unique take on espresso. It’s made with housemade simple syrup, freshly squeezed limes, tonic water, and Magic Beans Coffee Espresso.
- Where to get it: A Cup of Common Wealth, 105 Eastern Ave.
- This local brewery’s Mexican Lager is a super crisp and refreshing summer beer made with its new reverse osmosis system.
- Where to get it: Blue Stallion Brewing, 610 W. Third St.
Rise Up Strawberry Sour
- This summertime sipper is made with Castle & Key Rise Up Seasonal Gin, St. Germain, fresh lemon muddled with strawberry + rosemary, then mixed with bee pollen syrup and egg white.
- Where to get it: East End Tap & Table, 333 E. Main St. Ste. 180
Big Red Bear
- This drink is a bold marriage of sweet bourbon, Italian vermouth, and earthy roasted beets with floral notes of orange blossom.
- Where to get it: Granddam, The Manchester, 941 Manchester St.
- Not a big bourbon drinker? Give this one a try. This simple, yet citrusy sipper features Evan William’s Bourbon, house-made honey syrup + fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- Where to get it: Harvey’s Bar, 200 W. Main St.
- Inspired by the jet ski, this drink will take you and your taste buds straight to the water. The cocktail consists of coconut rum, triple sec, orange juice, and lemonade, shaken to blend all the flavors + topped with a splash of cranberry.
- Where to get it: NuHealth Kitchen, 3180 Richmond Rd. (Inside United Motorsports)
- This crisp + refreshing cocktail is the perfect ode to summer with a botanical-forward gin with notes of floral and citrus thanks to the St. Germain, fresh lemon juice, and blueberry puree.
- Where to get it: Old North Bar, 101 W. Loudon Ave. Ste. 116
- The Cocchi Rosa Aperitivo + orange bitters add a little sweet heat to Wise Bird’s classic Commonwealth Gold Cider for a refreshing summertime spritz to sip on the patio.
- Where to get it: Wise Bird Cider, 1170 Manchester St. Ste. #140