Who you gonna call? Jot down the contact info for these Lexington-area resources.

From flood damage to environmental health concerns, here are a few city resources to keep in your Rolodex.

Women in costume jumping and dancing on a stage

Bustin’ makes me feel good. | Photo by Amy Wallot

Table of Contents

We ain’t ‘fraid of no ghost, but we are scared of flood damage, contaminated drinking water, and environmental health problems. We rounded up a few resources to answer the age-old question: Who you gonna call?

If there’s something strange...

Drinking water problems
If your tap water has a strange look or smell, call the state’s Division of Water at (502)-564-3410 to make a report.

...in your neighborhood

Barking dogs
Is there an incessant barking dog keeping you up at night? Instead of venturing into the dark neighborhood searching for Fido, contact the Office of the Fayette County Attorney to file a complaint.

Contact your City Councilmember
Learn more about the Common Council, city government, and how you can get involved by reaching out to your district’s city council representative.

If there’s something weird...

Environmental health problems
If you notice something weird while out and about, the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department has resources to help.


  • Emergency preparedness
  • Restaurants and food handling
  • Septic systems
  • Public swimming pools
  • Pests and rabies
  • Unsanitary living conditions

....and it don’t look good

Streets and road services
Call LexCall at (859) 425-2255 or contact them online for street sweeping, manhole problems, storm sewer blockage and leveling, debris removal, and more.

Flood damage
Call LexCall at 311 to report problems or (859) 258-3970 for the Emergency Operations Center.

Code enforcement
Contact LexCall at 311. Note: If the violation can’t be seen from the sidewalk, the city may ask permission to enter your property.

What other resource questions do you have? Let us know we’ll add them to the list.