In a recent newsletter + on Instagram, we asked, “What are you thankful for this year?” Today, we’re sharing those answers and how you can get in on the local gratitude.
“Our amazing community that we get to serve our traditional and unique Japanese cuisine too!” — @omakaselex
- This shoutout got us thinking how Omakase is just one of the several delicious sushi spots in town.
- If you’re more of a home cook, try bringing the culinary adventure home with by shopping at one of our international grocery stores.
“My sweet, supportive, and incredibly hilarious girl gang!” — Reader Caitlyn E.
- Looking for the perfect way to spend time with your gal pals? Consider a visit to neighboring towns with our guides to Woodford County, Winchester, and Harrodsburg.
“Always thankful for my wonderful wife.” — @maxiu1972
- If you’re also thankful for your better half, treat them to one of these 19 unique date night ideas.
- Looking to keep your relationship fresh? Try out one of our brand new or upcoming restaurants.
“Good health, friends, bourbon, and horses.” — Reader Terry A.
- If you also like bourbon, learn about its history and its economic impact,
- Get up close and personal with our four-legged friends at a Visit Horse Country tour.
“Our first responders, fire fighters, and police.” — Reader Maryellen H.
- Not only do our first responders work to keep us safe, they also offer up smiles and treats through the Operation Copsicle van.
- You can lend a hand to Lexingtonians too with our guide of 30+ volunteer opportunities.
Many of you mentioned that you are thankful for us, so excuse us while we cry tears of joy. Without our dedicated readers, followers, small businesses + local creatives, we wouldn’t be here. We’re grateful for Y-O-U.