Hold the pumpkin spice lattes — there are a few new seasonal beverages being released this month that you need to hear about.
Kentucky Proud + the Kentucky Guild of Brewers have teamed up to create the Kentucky Proud Beer Series.
This week, Lexington breweries will be releasing special limited-release beers that are all made with locally-grown ingredients:
- Country Boy, 436 Chair Ave. | Mon., Oct. 17 | “Kentucky Jalapeno Smoked Porter,” a dark beer brewed with jalapenos from Stonehenge Farms
- Pivot, 1400 Delaware Ave. | Tues., Oct. 18 | “Apple Embodiment,” a hard apple cider brewed with black apples from Eckert’s Orchard
- Mirror Twin, 725 National Ave. | Wed., Oct. 19 | “South Fork Lager,” a Vienna lager brewed with malt from South Fork Malthouse
- Rock House Brewing, 119 Luigart Ct. | Thurs., Oct. 20 | “Watermelon Kolsch,” brewed with local melons
- West Sixth, 501 W. 6th St., Ste. 101 | Mon., Oct. 24 | “Shadrick Berry Sour,” brewed with blackberries from West Sixth Farm