As part of the plan, LexTran will offer free transportation to cooling centers around town, including:
- Dunbar Community Center, 545 N. Upper St. | Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tates Creek Golf Course, 1400 Gainesway Dr. | Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-dark
- Picadome Golf Course, 469 Parkway Dr. | Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-dark
- Lexington Senior Center, 195 Life Ln. | Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Additionally, some of the city’s homeless shelters will extend operating hours:
- Lighthouse Ministries, 190 Spruce St. | Days, 12-6 p.m.
- New Life Day Center, 224 N. Martin Luther King Blvd. | Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. + Saturday, 8:30-11 a.m.
If you need some ideas for staying entertained and staying cool, check out our favorite indoor summer activities.