Yesterday, Thurs., Sept. 22, was the first day of fall. I know, right? Where did the summer go?
To ensure you make the most out of Lexington’s foliage festivities, we’ve compiled a Bluegrass bucket list for fall.
If you’re looking to leaf the city behind + explore the countryside — check out this fall foliage map. It predicts when each section of the Commonwealth will experience peak fall foliage.
Additionally, use this list of the top 10 hikes in the Lexington area to plan out your leaf-peeking expedition.
Don’t forget about the yellow tree tunnel on Catalpa Road.
From corn mazes to apple cannons, there are several surrounding farms that host family-friendly activities throughout the fall season.
- Eckert’s Orchard, 1396 Pinckard Pike., Versailles
- Bi-Water Farm and Greenhouse, 877 Cincinnati Rd., Georgetown
- Middle Springs Farm, 163 Levy Rd., Paris
Sip on an Oktoberfest beer or munch on a fried apple dumpling at one of these fall festivals.
- Country Boy Oktoberfest | Sat., Sept. 24 | 10 a.m.-11 p.m. | Georgetown Taproom, 101 Innovation Way, Georgetown | Free, price of purchase | Sip on locally-brewed Oktoberfest beer, participate in a stein holding contest + listen to live accordion rock music.
- Michler’s Oktoberfest | Wed., Sept. 28-Fri., Sept. 30 | 4-10 p.m. | Michler’s, 417 E Maxwell St. | Free, price of purchase | Oktoberfest in the garden with live music, giant pretzels, and extra beer taps.
- Fall Festival | Fri., Oct. 14 + Sat., Oct. 15 | 4-11 p.m. | Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary, 601 Hill N Dale Rd. | Free, price of purchase | The Southland neighborhood festival features food, inflatables, casino games + BINGO.